The Center for Diagnostic Imaging
The Center for Diagnostic Imaging, located on the 6th floor of the Center for Musculoskeletal Care, delivers cutting-edge radiology services through a staff of 12 board-certified radiologists recognized as one of the strongest musculoskeletal radiology departments in the world. These doctors, part of the Musculoskeletal Division of NYU Langone’s Department of Radiology, perform over 40,000 radiologic procedures and studies per year.
Because our radiologists work on-site, they are available to review and interpret test results in partnership with your physician. This means faster and more accurate diagnosis and treatment of your condition. CMC radiologists are also backed by the latest diagnostic imaging technology and under the direction of NYU Langone’s chief of the musculoskeletal radiology section, Leon D. Rybak, MD, and the Chairman of the Department of Radiology, Michael P. Recht, MD.
The Center for Diagnostic Imaging: Technical Edge
We maintain state-of-the-art equipment for muscle, bone and joint imaging, including:
- A 3-D, ultra-low dose orthopaedic radiographic imaging system from EOS, one of only a handful of such systems in North America, with the ability to capture full-body images of patients in either standing or sitting positions.
- Two MRI machines (1.5 and 3 Tesla) with short-bore technology allowing for increased patient comfort without compromising excellent image quality.
- Seven digital X-ray machines for high quality radiographic imaging and full musculoskeletal functionality.
- Two high-performance ultrasound units managed by a member of the NYU Langone Department of Radiology considered to be among the world’s foremost experts in musculoskeletal ultrasound.
- Two fluoroscopic procedure rooms for joint and spine injection therapy featuring ceiling and wall-mounted monitors that make it possible to correlate current and prior patient images.
Access fact sheets in our Patient & Family Library to learn more about injection therapy procedures.
Diagnostic Imaging: Respecting Your Comfort and Privacy
In line with the patient-centered philosophy that guided the development of CMC, the Center for Diagnostic Imaging provides patient changing rooms adjacent to the radiology suites and ample locker space for your comfort, privacy and convenience.
To Reach The Center for Diagnostic Imaging
To make an appointment at the Center for Diagnostic Imaging, call 646.501.7440.
New patients: access patient forms here to complete them before your appointment and save time.