Physical therapists help patients improve mobility, restore functional movement, relieve pain and increase independence. Rusk’s outpatient bone and joint specialists, now housed at CMC, are among the most skilled professionals in treating musculoskeletal and orthopaedic conditions.
Expert Care for Any Type of Musculoskeletal Problem
Physical therapy programs at CMC offer rehabilitation for:
- Sports-related injuries, including muscle tears and strains (such as hamstring and groin), overuse injuries (such as patellofemoral pain and ITB syndrome), and tendonitis
- Traumatic and overuse injuries of the shoulder and elbow joints
- Traumatic and overuse injuries of the hip, knee, foot and ankle joints
- Dysfunction of the neck, thoracic spine, ribs, lower back, pelvis, and TMJ
- Post-surgical care for procedures that include ACL reconstruction and knee arthroscopy, rotator cuff repairs, shoulder stabilization, hip arthroscopy, joint replacement, and spine surgery
Physical Therapy Tailored to Your Needs
Our physical therapy team—along with your referring physician and other CMC specialists—will develop programs tailored to your specific needs. These include working with you one-on-one in important areas such as strength, flexibility, balance and coordination. All physical therapy is conducted in the ultramodern, patient-friendly environment of CMC and designed to not just rehabilitate but educate you on preventing future injuries.
Patients also have access to CMC’s Sports Performance Center, offering a seamless transition to higher-level training for individuals who have completed therapy and want to build on the improvements they’ve made.
Our therapists have extensive training, with advanced degrees and certifications that include Doctorate of Physical Therapy (DPT), Board Certified Orthopedic Physical Therapist (OCS), Board Certified Sports Physical Therapist (SCS), Certified Hand Therapist (CHT), Titleist Certified Golf Fitness Instructor, ASTYM Certified, Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (CSCS), Craniosacral Certified, Certified Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy or McKenzie Certified (Cert. MDT), Certified Orthopedic Manual Therapist (COMT).
Our clinicians conduct clinical research, publishing their research in scientific journals, and provide evidence-based care. Many also teach at various institutions of higher learning throughout the tri-state area.
State-of-the art equipment
CMC’s 7,200 square-foot therapy gym houses cutting-edge equipment not available at any other center in New York City.
To Reach Physical Therapy
For more information or to make a physical therapy appointment at CMC, call us at 646-501-7077.
New patients: access patient forms here to complete them before your appointment and save time.